What is this course about?
This course aims to firstly introduce to you the reasons why clearly written well organized business correspondence is vital to any and all businesses. The course will then guide you through some basic communication tools that will allow you to communicate better. You will then be taken through the various forms of business correspondence including formal business letters, emails, memos and cell phone communication in business. You will be instructed on style and tone and how best to connect and communicate well with the receiver of the correspondence. The course aims to assist those in business who want to communicate their ideas, opinions and directives in a way that serves them and their businesses best.
Who should be doing this course?
This course will help anyone who is in a business that requires them to correspond with others within their organization or outside. The ability to communicate well in formal business letters, internal memos, clear emails or even sms’s or WhatsApp is an essential tool for everyone trying to work for or run a business.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand* the basic concepts of communication
- Understand the need to analyse the purpose and audience of your communication
- Outline the steps needed in gathering information
- Analyse the situation and be able to select the appropriate medium of communication
- Examine the information that is needed, gather it and organize it appropriately
- Understand and apply the various ways to make communication clear, coherent and concise
- Understand the importance of appropriate style and tone
- Understand and apply the best practices in formats and functions of business letters
- Understand and apply the best practices in formats and functions of business emails
- Understand the dangers and pitfalls of communications on the internet
How is your course mark calculated?
Your course is mark is calculated using the average mark obtained in each of the Chapter tests. In order to pass this course, you must obtain a final course mark of at least 50%. This means that even if you fail a few of the chapter tests, if your test marks in the other chapter tests are high enough you will still be able to pass the course. Good Luck!
Study at your own pace!
We’ve created our courses to suit your busy life! The duration of this course is based on a student guide where one 300 – 500 word article is read per day, and the assessment is done on a separate day after the relevant articles have been reviewed. But you can do the course in your own time and at your own pace. If you choose to do two readings per day, it will take you half of the estimated time, four readings per day means doing the course in a quarter of the time etc. We leave that decision up to you!