What this course is about?
Is the Christian faith a matter of personal opinion and subjective experience, or is it based on solid, verifiable evidence? This helpful and easy-to-understand course reveals the reasons Christians believe in God and the Bible, without checking their brains at the door. With this fascinating course, you can find out why:
• The scientific mysteries of the origin and intricacy of the universe point to a Creator and Designer.
• Biblical and extra biblical writings confirm that Jesus was much more than merely a good teacher.
• Dealing with your own doubts can help you engage your mind and heart and make honest connections with others.
Examine the evidence for the existence of God and the truthfulness of the Bible, and pick up the basic tools you need in order to understand and explain the Christian faith.
Who should be doing this course?
This course is great for anyone with questions about the existence of God and the reliability of the Bible. While the course will show that many questions have no easy answers, the course will show some of the key arguments in support of Christianity in an easy to read and comprehensible way. This course is perfect for:
• People who are searching for a better understanding of whether God exists
• Christians who would like to have a better grounding in their beliefs
The course is perfect for young and old as it dives into some deep topics (of which many books have been written) in a concise and clear way.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Know the basic arguments for and against the existence of God
• Understand the main scientific and philosophical theories for the existence of God
• Explain why certain criticisms of Christianity are unfounded by evidence
• Know the foundational theory to prove the existence and relevance of Jesus
• Know and understand some of the controversial philosophies around God that often confuse people
• Understand why the Christian worldview has strong defenses, and how to better use them
HOW YOUR COURSE MARK IS CALCULATED?
Your course is mark is calculated using the average mark obtained in each of the Chapter tests. In order to pass this course, you must obtain a final course mark of at least 50%. This means that even if you fail a few of the chapter tests, if your test marks in the other chapter tests are high enough you will still be able to pass the course. Good Luck!
Study at your own pace!
We’ve created our courses to suit your busy life! The duration of this course is based on a student guide where one 300 – 500 word article is read per day, and the assessment is done on a separate day after the relevant articles have been reviewed. But you can do the course in your own time and at your own pace. If you choose to do two readings per day, it will take you half of the estimated time, four readings per day means doing the course in a quarter of the time etc. We leave that decision up to you!