Endorsed by SACE for 15 CPTD points
If you liked this course, we think you will also like:
- Leadership and Management
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Strategic Planning and Change Management
What this course is about
"Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the ability to perceive emotions, to access and generate emotions so as to assist thought, to understand emotions and emotional knowledge, and to reflectively regulate emotions so as to promote emotional and intellectual growth.”
EQ embraces two aspects of intelligence:
• Understanding yourself, your goals, intentions, responses, and behaviour; and
• Understanding others, and their feelings
This course explains what EQ is, how to apply it to personal and workplace relationships and how to evaluate and develop your EQ skills.
The following aspects are covered in detail:
- Principles and Concepts of Emotional Intelligence
- The Role of EQ in Realtionships, how to analyse them and how to use them in interactions in both the workplace and your personal life
- The Impace of EQ on Interactions and the consequences of emotional intelligence
- Evaluating your own level of EQ, and techniques for improvement
Who should be doing this course?
The Emotional Intelligence Module is suitable for those in school management and leadership positions, for aspiring school managers, and for those responsible for subject/learning area/phase leadership in schools. It is also suitable for all teachers who want to learn more about emotional intelligence and how it can be applied to work and personal relationships.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence in respect of life and work relations.
- Analyse the role of emotional intelligence in interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships in life and work situations.
- Analyse the impact of emotional intelligence on life and work interactions.
- Evaluate own level of emotional intelligence in order to determine development areas.
How your final mark is calculated?
Your course is mark is calculated using the average mark obtained in each of the Chapter tests. In order to pass this course, you must obtain a final course mark of at least 70%. This means that even if you fail a few of the chapter tests, if your test marks in the other chapter tests are high enough you will still be able to pass the course. Good Luck!
Study at your own pace!
We’ve created our courses to suit your busy life! The duration of this course is based on chapters and video clips to watch. Short multiple choice questions after chapters test understanding and possible application of knowledge. You can do the course in your own time and at your own pace. If you choose to do two readings per day, it will take you half of the estimated time, four readings per day means doing the course in a quarter of the time etc. We leave that decision up to you!