What is this course is about?
An introduction to Android operating system and its key features. This course provides a step by step guide to enhance the smartphone and tablet experience. This includes explaining the keys, screen layout and notification bar. It also covers demonstrating functions from making calls, taking photographs and downloading apps from the Google Store.
Who should be doing this course?
This course is designed to provide novices to the Android operating system on their smartphones and tablets a better understanding of their devices.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the origins, characteristics and function of the Android operating system
- Understand the basic operations of an Android based device
- Learn how to setup your new Android Smartphone/Tablet device
- Understand the device screen and functions
- Learn how to manage contacts, calls, messages and email
- Learn how to use your email application
- Learn how to manage applications
- Learn how to use the camera on your device
- Learn how to manage the operating system
- Learn how to install and sign in to Social Media applications
How is your course mark calculated?
Your course mark is calculated using the average mark obtained in each of the Chapter tests. In order to pass this course, you must obtain a final course mark of at least 50%. This means that even if you fail a few of the chapter tests, if your test marks in the other chapter tests are high enough you will still be able to pass the course. Good Luck!
Study at your own pace!
We’ve created our courses to suit your busy life! The duration of this course is based on a student guide where one 300 – 500 word article is read per day, and the assessment is done on a separate day after the relevant articles have been reviewed. But you can do the course in your own time and at your own pace. If you choose to do two readings per day, it will take you half of the estimated time, four readings per day means doing the course in a quarter of the time etc. We leave that decision up to you!