What is this course about?
The course covers ‘people skills’ from several angles such as attitude, teamwork and the expectations of all the different role players and stakeholders. An understanding of the concepts covered in this course (by the role players) will assist them deliver with excellence, which will guarantee strong relationship with their customers and that is what makes a business grow.
Every business would like to employ people who possess an understanding of both the basics and the dynamics of business. This course will give you a very solid understanding of all these areas.
Who should be doing this course?
Anyone who has a customer to serve will greatly benefit from this course. Anyone who deals with other people in business, or social settings will also greatly benefit if they do this course. Business organisations will benefit through enhanced customer service and customer satisfaction. This course will benefit people with start-up businesses with little or no customer service knowledge and skill.
This course is great for:
- Line managers (managers mainly fail to be effective because they themselves are not well equipped with the right knowledge, skills and attitude)
- Brand managers and sales representatives
- Start-up business owners
- All frontline staff- cashiers, merchandisers, sales people
- Customer service assistants or any general assistants who have a desire to be better
- Job seekers who need to have strong foundation of service understanding
The course is really great for both public service employees and private sector employees.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define and describe the concept of service.
- Distinguish between the two levels of good service: Good Customer Service and Excellent Customer Service.
- State what the customer loves and what the customer hates.
- Identify and explain the pillars of excellent service.
- Demonstrate that teams do better than individuals.
- Identify some critical qualities that team-players need to possess and practise.
- Describe attitude and identify the two types of attitude.
- Demonstrate the importance of a positive attitude.
- Describe how one can improve attitude through brain training.
- Identify and live the Golden Rule.
- Be bold enough and stand up and pursue your dream with excellence.
How is your course mark calculated?
Your course mark is calculated using the average mark obtained in each of the Chapter tests. In order to pass this course, you must obtain a final course mark of at least 50%. This means that even if you fail a few of the chapter tests, if your test marks in the other chapter tests are high enough you will still be able to pass the course. Good Luck!
Study at your own pace!
We’ve created our courses to suit your busy life! The duration of this course is based on a student guide where one 300 – 500 word article is read per day, and the assessment is done on a separate day after the relevant articles have been reviewed. But you can do the course in your own time and at your own pace. If you choose to do two readings per day, it will take you half of the estimated time, four readings per day means doing the course in a quarter of the time etc. We leave that decision up to you!