· Routine advisory and awareness on governance and legislative issues to the Board and Management e.g. King III, Companies Act, PFMA, Competitions Amendment Act as it pertains to directors, Committee terms of reference.
· Input into governance section of the annual report and corporate plan and ensuring that the annual report is distributed to every person who is entitled
· Liaising with Country Managers to ensure compliance with statutory and good corporate governance for all outstations
CAPACITY BUILDING FOR BOARD
· Effectiveness Evaluation of Board Committees and Subsidiary Boards
· Preparation of the governance section of the Board Induction pack
· Responsible for the Company statutory books and records, safekeeping and updating on CIPC.
· Submission of annual returns
BOARD AND BOARD COMMITTEE ADMINISTRATION
· Recordal and development of minutes and circulation of draft minutes to Committee Members
· Development of action list and distribution
Follow-up of action items before next meeting
1. FINANCIAL (e.g. budgets):
2. NON FINANCIAL (e.g. headcount, customers, etc.):
· Minimum Grade 12 (Matric)
· B Comm/LLB or relevant
· A Post graduate qualification in law would be an added advantage.
· Technical knowledge experience in legal, commercial and business environment
· In depth financial management understanding and enterprise wide risk management
· Working experience in a global company is an advantage
Knowledge and Competencies
Discretion when dealing with confidential information