Business Development Manager
An International manufacturing company based in the Cape Winelands, operating in the Food and Beverage industry is seeking to employ a qualified and experienced that can enhance the companies Botanical Extract sales. We are looking for a professional business person with a technical background in Botanical Extract that is strong in marketing and sales.
· Degree in BSc Food Science and/or Dietary Sciences and/or Botany and/or Business Administration and/or Diploma in Food Technology and/or Degree in Marketing or related.
· 5+ years work experience in a senior B2B sales and/or technical role servicing customers in the Natural Health Care-, Botanical Extracts- and/or Food and Beverage Industry with plant materials and/or natural food ingredients.
· Exposure to international markets.
· Strong working analytical and conceptual skills and a structured, effective and responsible style of working.
· Dynamic business attitude and high level of customer focus.
· Exposure to costings, drafting of budgets, sales forecasts and compiling of sales targets.
· Good negotiation, communication and people skills.
· Impressive presentation and project management skills.
· Willingness to travel locally and internationally from time to time.
· Developing & implementing of an innovative, competitive & economically sustainable Botanical Extracts product range & a corresponding portfolio strategy for it.
· Developing and implementing sales initiatives, including effective ways to grow the business with both suppliers & customers.
· Leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring customers needs & expectations are met.
· Compiling continuous sales planning & constantly updating customer-related forecasts in terms of global corporate guidelines.
· Implement development plans for the increase of market share.
· Do sales forecasts and budget.
· Market investigation & collection of customer information.
· Identify new business opportunities, leveraging the full potential of the companys Botanical Extracts product & services portfolio.
· Supporting customers in the best possible way by establishing professional relationship management with the respective decision-makers.
· Proactively & continuously evaluating, coordinating and validating customer requirements in order to enhance customer loyalty & increase customer value.
· Creating and holding product presentations at customers.
· Price structuring, taking Pricing Desk guidelines regarding ordering cycles, batch sizes & payment receipts into account. The current market and customer conditions must always be considered.
· Ensuring and implementing customer projects & tracking sample and quotation evaluation & contract status, including intervening at the customer site, where necessary.
· Ensuring that complaint processing and the implementation of corrective actions in the organisation meet all requirements.
· Conduct a benchmarking analysis of the companys profitability compared to the market.
· Provide up-to-date industry and product category know-how.
· Take responsibility for the selection of products to be presented at fairs, trade shows & customer events based on consumer trends, innovations, etc.
· Analyse markets in order to find new opportunities with regards to raw materials, technologies, concepts and products.
· Assist with the procurement of Botanical raw materials from the suppliers/farmers/landowners.
· Assist Production with technical aspects and new product runs.
· Participate in defining product lines and minimum prices.
· Developing and implementing business development strategies for expanding the market share of the product portfolio, including strategic joint ventures.
· Continuous internal collaboration and interaction with the Sales-, R&D-, Warehouse & Logistics-, Procurement- and Production Departments in order to fully understand and be involved with and informed of, the applicable processes.
Salary: Please indicate what salary bracket you are seeking when applying for this position.
NB: If you have not been contacted with regards to your application for this position within 48 working hours, your application has been unsuccessful
Job added on 29 April 2019. Apply before Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 23:59 to qualify.