Instrument and Control Supervisor (UAE) at Key Recruitment Group
, United Arab Emirates
Instrument & Control Supervisor (5 opportunities)
Our client is a respected global leader in the delivery of engineering design, construction and maintenance services across diverse industries.
As a participant in the provision of skilled engineering personnel for placement on one of their more strategically critical projects, we are inviting applications from suitably skilled and experienced I&C Supervisors for a very rewarding 3-5 year placement opportunity in the UAE .
In Compliance with the Nuclear Safety Culture , the Supervisor for Instrument and Control must:
* Demonstrate a clear ability to set direction and promote a clear standard and expectation for the work party and individual Technicians.
* Plan work activities following receipt of work packages from the client to include: materials, consumables, equipment, manpower & work activities.
* Walk down the plant to ensure the identification of plant and equipment and isolations (power, control loop and pneumatic systems)
* Ensure the maintenance/outage activities are controlled with the work schedules and are undertaken in a safe and effective manner.
* Ensure that completed work packs are handed back with all necessary 'return to service' construction, inspection and test paperwork included
* Construct work packs aligned to accepted procedures and guidelines.
* Assign tasks, oversee and direct maintenance/outage activities and coach technicians.
* Ensure the work is planned properly, documentation is in place and correctly used and the work party has all the correct training, the right tools, materials, access and information to complete the task successfully.
* Ensure the work party operates in accordance with the required, safety, health physics, quality, training and site procedures including permit conditions, meeting contract and employer requirements.
* Instil Nuclear Safety Culture and Human Performance behaviours.
Management responsibilities will, inter alia, include:
* Assumes the responsibilities and accountabilities of a maintenance/outage supervisor recognising the constraints / conditions / special requirements of the assigned scope.
* Makes well thought out decisions based on the safety of the people, plant and environment.
* Plans all task related work and allocates manpower and resources to ensure the task is achieved including ensuring the technicians are task qualified in line with National quality standards and procedures.
* Ensures all the support services are arranged and briefed for the task to facilitate the task.
* Delivers an effective and engaging pre-job brief and leverages the team strengths for the most effective outcome. .
* Communicates the daily objectives and establishes, communicates and reinforces goals, ensuring all the resources are correct with the appropriate documentation and available to include: time, materials, parts and consumables sufficient to conduct the tasks successfully.
* Allocates and maintains oversight for all Instrument & Control Technician(s) activities in their area of responsibility.
* Coaches, mentors, to develop and support the Technician(s) and other trades under their control.
* Acts as a reference point for information on maintenance issues and supports the workforce to ensure success.
* Communicates and reinforces nuclear safety culture and standards and expectations for all in the area of responsibility.
* Ensures quality, health physics, and safety policies and procedures are adhered to, including Inspection and Test plans, Method Statements, maintenance logs and records operational values.
* Ensures systems and processes are applied to confirm the traceability for consumables, materials and plant items.
* Handover all the documents to the Quality department at the completion of the task for lifetime records.
* Manages the close out activities on the systems and returns Permitary etc.
* Sets the standards for nuclear professionalism and leads by example.
* Take appropriate actions for non-compliance with policy, standards, procedures and company safety rules.
* Maintains a working knowledge of Health Physics to support management of exposure to radiation in compliance with local rules and regulations.
Essentially we are looking for individuals with:
* Minimum National Diploma level education in instrumentation and control .
* Awareness of NQA 1 quality systems
* Experience of Supervising in Nuclear and in addition one of the following: manufacturing, thermal, petrochemical and pharmaceutical environments
* Extensive knowledge of I&C to include: operation, components, materials, robotics, pneumatics, maintenance and overhaul.
* Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills, on a wide range of plant and equipment to support C&I Technicians
* Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following systems: MMIS, NSSS, BOP and I&C Control.
* Design and repair experience of I&C systems and equipment.
* Experience of repair or upgrade of I&C systems.
* Significant and appropriate experience within the Industry sector.
* Sound understanding of Human Performance.
Given the safety critical nature of working in the nuclear power generation field, we are looking for top class C&I Supervisors for these opportunities and hence we will only consider candidates who have the requisite skills, qualifications and experience.
On offer is a very handsome tax free reward package coupled with all the standard benefits associated with working on international Expat employment projects.
Apply online or call us on +27 (0)21 531 2015. NOTE: All candidates will be required to successfully complete an English language assessment to minimum band score 6 - IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
Job added on 15 May 2019. Apply before Sun, 14 Jul 2019, 23:59 to qualify.