Our client in Durban is looking for an experienced Warehouse / Distribution Manager to lead the decentralisation of their Distribution network. This is a complex role that requires an analytical mind with the proven ability to set up a distribution centre from scratch as well as having the understanding of the complexity involved in creating an agile distribution centre that can manage small complex loads rather than simple bulk loads. You will be leading a large team of roughly 50 staff.
* Responsible for achieving KPI's, including analysis & trends reporting to support and optimise performance.
* Initiate, coordinate operational policies and procedures.
* Managing the placement and movement of stock within the warehouse to customers
* Ensure on-time delivery of product to all customers / sites
* High level 3 rd party supplier relationship management
* Project management and change management
* Rolling out a decentralisation strategy with a focus on digitisation and automation within the distribution centres
* Ensure warehouse space is utilised and profitable
* Responsible for supporting the resource management planning in line with budget - including accurate reporting & analysis of operational performance data & reporting.
* Responsible for the integrity of the stock accuracy including stock adjustments & cycle counts.
Key Essential for this role
* Must have a Degree or National Diploma or hold a relevant qualification in Manufacturing or Logistics/Distribution.
* Minimum of 8 years' related experience with at least 2 years of large team management experience
* Ideally worked on setting up distribution centres an optimising warehousing and distribution
* Background in change mangement
Job added on 10 January 2019. Apply before Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 23:59 to qualify.