* MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
* Carrying out administrative duties related to the branch to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation of the branch.
* Oversee Sample Receiving/Logistics section in Rustenburg.
* Administrative assistance in the laboratory and it various sections
* Adhere to all OIMS requirements of the SGS management system
* Responsible for all supervisory functions in the sample receiving/logistics section with the help of the responsible line manager
* Logging of samples in LIMS and perform all sample administration related matters
* Responsible for ongoing on-the-job training of staff in the in the laboratory also including the training sample logging in LIMS and sample administration related matters
* Assessing client requests for all incoming work and liaising with all clients in the case of sample discrepancies and / or queries with regard to sample logistics and logging
* Continuous feedback and communication to the line manager
* Responsible for general housekeeping, health and safety, and quality, in accordance with SGS protocols and any mutually agreed upon tasks in these areas
* Ensure that all documentation with regard to Health and Safety, Quality, and System documentation are kept up to date; filed properly and maintained in an audible manner
* Oversee all filing and saving of paper work at the sample receiving/logistics section
* Complies with health and safety regulations with the help of the SHEQ coordinator
* Keep relevant communications confidential e.g. HR related matters
* Complies and conforms to the laboratory quality management system (ISO17025 and SANAS)
* Assist the SHEQ coordinator in SHEQ related matters
* Be involved in the investigations of deviations and/or non-conformance in the laboratory
* In the absence of the administrator, perform all the duties of the administrator
* In the absence of the client liaison officer, perform the following duties:
* Draw up and submit quotes upon request and follow up on acceptance of quotations/ proposals issued
* Invoicing clients on completed work
* Liaise with the finance department on invoices and debt collection
* Assist with printing, emailing and faxing of results and invoices and other invoicing related documents to clients
* Oversee filing of all client documentation and data/worksheets generated by the individual departments
* Follow all reasonable and lawful instructions issued by superiors
* Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by direct line manager
* SPECIFIC AUTHORITIES
* Has the authority to give reasonable instructions and delegate work to all staff in Sample Receiving (Receiving, Tracking, Login and Storage) section.
* Ensure compliance with SGS Health and Safety protocols. Adhere to SGS general code of conduct and ensuring that it is followed through to all subordinates.
* Cease the use of any equipment that may be deemed to constitute a safety hazard or entry to hazardous environments without the necessary knowledge and protection, and report the situation to higher authority to take action.
* Cease to carry on with work that may affect the quality (integrity) of services and report the situation to higher authority to take action.
* Initiate a formal improvement request when a deviation of the system occurs, possible improvements are identified or when nonconformity is identified.
* Diploma in Office Administration.
* Diploma in Office computing.
* 5 Years experience Sample Logistics.
* 5 years experience in Office administration.
* English (written and spoken).
* Extensive knowledge of SLIM specializing in logging of samples.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures.
Job added on 22 June 2020. Apply before Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 23:59 to qualify.