Food Service Assistant positions (Brits/Midstream/Pretoria City) at Hotel and Catering Personnel
- Gauteng, Johannesburg
- Up to R20.00 Per Month Per Hour
We are looking for Food Services Assistant within the Brits/Midstream/Pretoria City areas.
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks;
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers;
- Weigh or measure ingredients;
- Inform supervisors when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly;
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets;
- Portion and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to patrons;
- Package take-out foods and/or serve food to customers;
- Prepare a variety of foods according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures;
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage;
- Working on a till;
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
- Matric advantageous or a minimum of grade 10, if you have working experience in the role;
- Previous experience as a Food Service Assistant or in similar position;
- Experience as a Food Service Assistant within a hospital environment;
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment;
- Knowledge of stock issues and working on a till;
- Good communication skills at all levels (English& Afrikaans);
- Well presented, neat & professional image;
- Reliable and positive attitude;
- Energetic, eager and bubbly;
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts (Monday to Sunday).
Please forward a copy of your updated CV (Word document), when applying.
Job added on 12 June 2019. Apply before Sun, 11 Aug 2019, 23:59 to qualify.