Software Developer (Python, Ruby or PHP) at Datafin Recruitment
Western Cape, Cape Town
Our client a high-performance hosting partner for businesses online is looking to employ a Software Developer to form part of a team that will be responsible for the development, integration and maintenance of in-house developed and 3rd party web applications, providing innovative tools to the power user, ensuring a seamless, intuitive hosting experience to our customers. A high proficiency in PHP, Python or Ruby is required along with Software development within the Linux/Unix environment, Database design and performance tuning (MySQL or similar).
* Continually drive process and technical improvements within the development team
* In collaboration with the Product Owner and stakeholders, understand the needs of the customer in order to deliver innovative, robust solutions
* Participate in all aspects of the software development process
* Integrate 3rd party applications into the hosting environment
A high level of proficiency in the following:
* Web development (Ruby, Python or PHP - cross skilling may be required)
* Database design and performance tuning (MySQL or similar)
* Software development within the Linux/Unix environment
* Agile development practices (TDD, refactoring, continuous integration, pair programming)
* Object oriented development
* Linux systems administration skill will be an advantage
* Working with an API
* BSc or BTech majoring in Computer Science will be advantageous, however your ability to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the web technologies and sound software engineering practices will trump a formal qualification.
Must have a passion for:
* Technology to serve operational and client requirements
* Programming, open source Technologies and IT in general
* Optimal systems and simple procedures
* Agile development and a self-organising team environment
* Sharing ideas and innovation
Job added on 06 December 2018. Apply before Thu, 03 Jan 2019, 23:59 to qualify.