Our client a high-performance hosting partner for businesses online is looking to employ a DevOps Engineer to form part of a team that will be responsible for the development, integration and maintenance of in-house developed and 3rd party web applications, providing innovative tools to the power user, ensuring a seamless, intuitive hosting experience to our customers. In this role, you'll work as part of software engineering to deploy and operate our internal and customer-facing production systems. You will help automate and streamline their operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
* Continually drive process and technical improvements within the development team
* Participate in all aspects of the software development process
* Develop and automate continuous deployment pipeline
* Develop monitoring strategy for deployed applications and supporting infrastructure
* Quickly identify, troubleshoot and solve technical issues
* Collaborate with developers in DevOps, in other teams and also the QA team to produce world class developer tooling
* Able to collaborate well with others including considering others' perspectives on methodologies and technologies.
* Knows they don't know everything and have no problem admitting it.
* Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
* Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) practices and tools like Terraform, Puppet, Chef or equivalents
* Ability to use and quickly learn to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
* Strong experience with MySQL
* A working understanding of code and script (Ruby, PHP and/or Python) with strong shell scripting
* An understanding of SCM systems and Git in particular, Gitlab a bonus.
* Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
* Experience with CI (Jenkins, Hudson)
* Experience in Cloud Infrastructure (Openstack or equivalent)
* Experience with Docker and orchestration, Swarm/Kubernetes/Rancher or similar
* Experience with Monitoring & alerts (ELK Stack, Prometheus, Grafana)
* BSc or BTech majoring in Computer Science will be advantageous, however your ability to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the web technologies and sound software engineering practices will trump a formal qualification.
* Enthusiastic about technology to serve operational and client requirements
* Passionate about programming, open source technologies and IT in general
* Strives to create optimal systems and simple procedures
* Prefers agile development and a self-organising team environment
* Enjoys sharing ideas and innovation
* Cool under pressure
Job added on 06 December 2018. Apply before Thu, 03 Jan 2019, 23:59 to qualify.