A UK Tech company seeks a technically skilled and results-driven 2 nd Line Support Engineer to join its Cape Town remote team. You will be expected to provide quality second line technical support on incidents and escalated problems on over 350 client IT networks incorporating Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, Symantec, Cloud and Citrix technologies mainly remotely, and be comfortable liaising with clients mainly via email and over the phone. Your support skills should also include: Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365 & Windows Servers.
* Deliver high-quality remote support on a range of technical incidents and problems across the client base.
* Respond appropriately to, and effectively resolve, customer incidents, queries or complaints.
* Respond to, handle incidents and escalate problems on the variety of platforms and supported networks from logon to the resolution.
* Perform administrative tasks user and server related.
* Involvement and presence in core Virtual Teams.
* Help support, train and mentor other team members.
* You will have a 'hands on' problem solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes.
* Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
* Ensure SLA's are met; time to respond, time to resolve and first-time-fix.
* Application troubleshooting.
* Solid experience providing 2nd line level support in a commercial environment.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent technical ability in one or more key virtual team areas.
* Previous experience in joiner, mover and leaver provisioning.
* Assigning NTFS and Share permissions.
* Knowledge of GPOs.
* Experience with mailbox / calendar sharing and permission assignments.
* Experience supporting:
* Microsoft Exchange
* Active Directory
* Office 365
* Windows Servers (full range)
* Symantec Products
* Citrix (XenApp / XenDesktop)
* Formal IT qualification, ideally MCSE / MCITP or multiple MCPs.
* Very good technical understanding of current leading technologies, suppliers and industry terminology.
* Able to prioritise under pressure and work to deadlines.
* Excellent decision making, judgement, planning and organisation skills.
* Flexible, calm and approachable, 'can do' attitude.
* Solid customer relations skills to understand client/client representatives concerns and requirements.
* Able to work well within team, supporting other team members.
* Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditations.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Job added on 15 May 2019. Apply before Wed, 12 Jun 2019, 23:59 to qualify.