Senior Android Developer (EE) (JHB) at Datafin Recruitment
The expertise of a highly skilled and forward-thinking Senior Android Developer is sought by one of the continent's leading money transfer platforms. Joining their Joburg team, you will be expected to work on an enterprise Java (Android) codebase. You will require 6+ years' experience as a Developer of which 4+ should have been Android development, strong technical knowledge of Java for Android, Gradle, Android Studio and have working knowledge of JSON REST APIs, Android persistence layers (Preference, File, SQLite), Firebase & Google APIs, Junit, Expresso, UI Automator and Scanning tech including: EAN, PDF, MRZ & OCR.
* Write maintainable code with automated tests.
* Review code to ensure code quality.
* Communicate effectively when dealing with technical support queries.
* +6 Years' experience as a Developer.
* +4 Years' experience as an Android Developer.
* Excellent technical knowledge of Java for Android, Gradle and Android Studio.
* Strong understanding of design patterns and experience architecting complex software.
* Debugging and troubleshooting skills.
* Insight in applying design patterns to complex problems as needed.
* Experience in architecting, developing, testing, deploying systems.
* Solid understanding of integration and web services.
* Experience in and/or have a good understanding of caching, revision control, message queues, issue tracking, monitoring, database transactions, testing.
* Working knowledge and experience with:
* JSON REST APIs
* Scanning technologies. (EAN, PDF, MRZ, OCR)
* Android persistence layers (Preference, File, SQLite)
* Firebase & Google APIs
* Publishing to Google Play
* Unit & Automated testing techniques for Android apps. (JUnit, Expresso, UI Automator)
* iOS development experience is a bonus.
* Kotlin experience.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Job added on 15 May 2019. Apply before Wed, 12 Jun 2019, 23:59 to qualify.