Position title: Senior Compliance Manager
Position reports to: CEO
Business Unit: Risk & Compliance / Legal
Main purpose / objective of the position:
This is a role for a dynamic Compliance professional with proven international experience, seeking a leadership opportunity within an exciting and fast-growing new business. Working with Corporate Compliance representatives of the relevant Shareholders, this role is responsible for establishing an effective, risk-based, Ethics & Compliance program across CBRE | Excellerate's SA and ROAME businesses. Key responsibilities include:
- Support management's promotion of the Company's values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE), and Accountability, Collaboration and Transformation (ACT). and ensuring these are embedded in all operations
- Assist management with compliance to all relevant legislative requirements, business policies, industry frameworks and charters to eliminate or minimise compliance risks
- Proactively provide advice to business on compliance matters and propose commercially sustainable solutions to ensure continued compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Implement a proactive FCPA Anti-Corruption program, including building awareness, delivering training and conducting monitoring (through data analytics tools, and desk-based and onsite visits)
- Oversee and coordinate internal ethics investigations, executing these where required, and ensure Shareholder standards are met and stakeholders kept informed.
- Conduct an annual Risk Assessment in line with Shareholder requirements, provide general guidance on risk responses and support management to develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution. maintain compliance risk registers and dash boards for the company.
- Maintain awareness of forthcoming legislative or regulatory requirements on business processes and assess the compliance impact, recommend steps to ensure business compliance risks are minimised and processes are consistent with requirements.
- In consultation with management, prepare and implement an effective and efficient annual monitoring plan and conduct monitoring in accordance with the plan and approved compliance monitoring methodology.
- Maintain an effective and efficient compliance communication and awareness programme for the Company in order to keep business informed and engaged, ensuring the Ethics Helpline is promoted and a "speak-up" culture is fostered.
- In collaboration with company subsidiaries and corporate accounts, establish, oversee and support a network of volunteer Compliance Liaisons across the business to ensure all staff have a local contact and support for Ethics and Compliance matters.
- Organize and where necessary Provide risk-based compliance training to the business. Facilitate the delivery and follow-up of the Shareholders' corporate all-employee learning and communications programs.
- Report compliance findings effectively and efficiently to operational management forums and contribute to the quarterly compliance report submitted to the Audit & Risk Committee.
Decision making authority:
- Employees in this band make the rules and establish precedents. They interpret the strategy laid out by management.
- Responsible for ensuring CBRE | Excellerate's Compliance Program is designed and executed in alignment with Shareholder Compliance programs, corporate strategies and standards
- This position operates within budget requirements and within the Approval Framework.
Experience / Education:
- Prior experience designing, implementing and leading Corporate Compliance program
- At least 5 years' experience managing a pan-African Compliance activity.
- Proven Anti-corruption experience, including FCPA, UK Bribery Act and African equivalents (PCCAA etc), operating anti-corruption activities and investigating instances of suspected Corruption.
- Prior experience conducting in-country internal investigations and monitoring activities
- Anti-Money Laundering experience (experienced on FICA)
- A tertiary qualification in Law, Finance, Internal Audit or equivalent;
- A relevant post graduate qualification(s) and certifications in compliance management and related disciplines,
- Experience working in a US-owned corporate environment would be advantageous, as would experience in the broader commercial property industry.
- level-headed and calm under pressure
- a clear communicator at all levels of management and operations, and across different cultures
- Strategic thinker, able to understand and meet the different needs of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to critically evaluate information
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation and training skills
- A strong technical and practical understanding of FCPA, UK Bribery Act / PCCAA, FICA and POPI,
- Understanding of other legislative requirements for example EAAB, Debt Council, etc will be an advantage
- Understanding of operational risk principles and international compliance methodologies
- Highly ethical and strong principles, acting as a role-model and embodying corporate integrity
- Fair and modest - maintaining independence and willing to scrutinize all the facts without making a snap judgment,
- Proactive - to have a practiced alertness and vigilance to potential breaches of compliance, and actively seeking out any weakness in company dealings
- Collaborative and Commercial - to ensure compliance activities leverage the full strength of the wider organization, and that they enable and support the success of the business
- A drive to improve and keep learning - staying on top of constantly changing legislation, understanding newest standards and best practice and applying appropriately it to the business.
- Diligent and persistent - willing to see difficult issues through to resolution
- A strong constitution and extra conviction - the strength to stand by difficult decisions
Interface / relationships with:
- Company Management as a key partner, colleague and trusted advisor
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g. Internal Audit, Legal, HR, IT, Finance etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Corporate Compliance and Senior Management of the CBRE | Excellerate Shareholders.
- Corporate Compliance and Senior Management of international corporate clients as required
Job added on 22 November 2019. Apply before Tue, 21 Jan 2020, 23:59 to qualify.