Group Supply Chain Planning Manager at Ntice Search
Gauteng, East Rand
R1 000 000.00 - R1 200 000.00 Per Year
Group Supply Chain Planning Manager
Our client a manufacturing group is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Planning Manager to drive and optimize throughput through 2 plants. There will be some travel in and around Jhb and to Durban at least 3 times in a month.
Main purpose of role
The Group Supply Chain Planning Manager will be responsible for the following:
* Manage the group S&OP process and functions in order to balance all inventory, supply and demand whilst ensuring availability of product at the most efficient cost and working capital across the Group
* Directly interface with Sales, Production, Logistics and Finance in 2 National Plants.
* Serve as the subject matter expert and owner for raw material planning, production planning, demand planning and supply capacity planning while driving various projects.
* Lead a wide range of group planning activities
* Be the functional leader and owner of group and site S&OP
* Pro-actively identify risks/constraints causing misalignment between supply capacity and demand, and propose mitigation actions to correct or mitigate the gaps between them
* Create and own best practise and continuous improvement of world-class converting production planning discipline / methodologies, system parameter set-up and optimisation
* Create and own the converting supply "recipe" model
* Build, develop and lead talent to build a high-performance, high-morale team and culture
* Provide functional leadership and have a dotted line management reporting structure from the two converting planning managers
Required Qualifications / Experience
* Bachelor's Degree minimum
* > 10 years of relevant supply chain/planning experience including > 2 years' experience in a managerial position
* > 5 years' experience in a S&OP/IBP environment, with 2 years at senior management and process ownership
* Expert knowledge of manufacturing process and production steps and 'general' plant lay-outs / restrictions.
* Expert supply and demand planning knowledge and system/process optimisation
* Expert MRP and inventory management knowledge and system/process optimisation
* Advanced/Superior knowledge of databases and MS Excel are required
* Advanced knowledge of applicable computer systems, such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and function specific software such as Advanced Planning and MRP systems
* Proven track record in delivering improvements in the area of SC Planning (e.g. cost savings, production planning, service improvement, additional revenue creation).
* Fluent in English
Salary on offer is (dependent on experience) R1.2 Million plus bonus plus medical and pension
Role profile template (July 2015)
Job added on 06 December 2018. Apply before Sun, 06 Jan 2019, 23:59 to qualify.