MANAGER: WASTE MANAGEMENT
(Directorate Community Services - Salary level T15: R459 912 per annum plus normal fringe benefits as well as a motor vehicle allowance of 30% of the gross salary)
(Please note that an estimated total-cost-to-company package for this position can range anywhere between R804 574 and R874 635 per annum and would include bonus, housing subsidy, travel allowance, cellphone allowance, group insurance and pension- and medical aid contributions)
(Applicants who previously applied, who meets all the requirements and are still interested in being considered for this position, SHOULD PLEASE SUBMIT NEW/UPDATED applications)
- Relevant National Diploma or equivalent (in either Civil Engineering / Public Health / Waste Management OR a related and recognized field) on NQF level 6;
- Relevant category of registration with the Integrated Waste Management of South Africa (IWMSA);
- 5 years relevant experience as practitioner in all aspects of waste management;
- 2 years experience in the management of all aspects of waste management including the planning, technical, financial, legislative, project and contract management;
- Advanced computer literacy (Windows, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Command of at least two of the official languages in the Western Cape;
- Code EB drivers license.
B Degree (in either Civil Engineering / Public Health / Waste Management OR a related and recognized field) on NQF level 7 will be an advantage.
- Completed Municipal Minimum Competency Course (MMC) will be an advantage.
- Experience in classification, recycling, transport and processing of waste;
- Practitioner experience is non-negotiable, but the lack of managerial experience as outlined above can be reduced if proof of post-graduate and/or relevant, accredited Waste Management courses can be offered. Negotiations in this regard will only be allowed with short-listed candidates.
Job purpose, duties and responsibilities:
As per attached job description.
Enquiries can be directed to HR Manager, Mr. Peter Le Roux at telephone 082 2007 042.
Applications on the prescribed application form, accompanied by a CV and certified copies of ALL relevant qualifications, ID document and drivers licence, must be addressed to the Human Resource Manager to reach him on or before Friday, 21 August 2020 (16:00). E-mail applications up to a maximum of 20 PAGES ONLY can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please take note that applications that does not contain supporting documentation, will be automatically disqualified. Applications may also be submitted to the respective administrative offices in Swellendam, Buffeljagsrivier, Suurbraak and Barrydale. NO applications via fax will be accepted.
Swellendam Municipality is an equal opportunity employer. The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment. Canvassing with councillors is an offence and will result in the disqualification of an application. If no feedback is received within six weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job added on 07 August 2020. Apply before Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 23:59 to qualify.